The Versatile Blogger Award
I have been quiet the past few days-I have reverted back to my very much hated nocturnal state. But I am back!!
Firstly I would like to thank ‘Babbling Mummy’ for nominating me for The Versatile Bloggers Award!! For those of you that do not know about the award; you get nominated by other bloggers for your blog. Once nominated, you thank them as I have just done (although that is the kind thing to do isn’t it?) and write a short post with some facts about yourself, before nominating other bloggers for the award.
8 Facts about Myself
- I really hate certain noises. Also known as Misophonia (although I am not officially diagnosed-one thing at a time!) But do not come near me and crack bones, grind teeth or chew loudly with your mouth open because it makes me feel physically sick.
- I Love learning new languages. I speak 2 fluent languages, 1 at an intermediate level and 4 languages I learned when younger and was either fluent or nearly fluent in. I wish I knew so many more languages.
- I despise odd Numbers. Really, actually hate them – when I had an eating disorder I couldn’t eat rice without counting the grains.
- I was raised as the oldest child, but I actually have an older brother. Plus 3 older half-siblings.
- I can easily rewatch the same programme/movie again and again. I don’t think my wife really gets it!! I will happily watch Grey’s Anatomy, The Big Bang Theory, Harry Potter Movies and Friends back to back!!
- My dream job would involve mental health, animals and work to my own schedule-ideally from home.
- I love watching scary films but equally hate watching them – I am too jumpy and paranoid about reliving the films so I avoid them. Especially when they involve jumpy moments when there’s nothing and then suddenly a scary child screaming at you. Or the one moment in Harry Potter that scares the daylight out of me – when Harry and Hermione visit Godric’s Hollow and that stupid snake jumps up at the camera!!
- I have a massive bucket list (I am planning a post for this in the future) but my top 5 completed bucket list tasks are:
- Get my wood beads.
- Achieve my Explorer Belt.
- Achieve my Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award.
- Visit Buckingham Palace. (I was awarded my DofE in the Gardens)
- Live abroad for 6 months to volunteer.
Here are my nominations for bloggers that I have discovered that I love to follow and I think they deserve some recognition for their work and writing.
- depressed detective
- Imperfect Beauty
- SummerSHINES Studio Blog
- Mental Health and Me
- Amelia’s 2 Mummies